I care about each and every person in our school. I promise to do my best in providing a child centered environment where our children, parents, staff and community members can all experience the excitement of learning
CORI form for Volunteers - a clear copy of a drivers license must be attached
Elementary & Middle School - $3.00
High School - $3.25
Milk price - .60
Half Day Lunch Service
Wachusett Regional School District will now start serving lunch on all Early Release Days. Please refer to the menu on our website for offerings listed on that day. Please note that snack sales will be suspended on these days to help expedite service.
Lunch Prepay Procedure
All of the schools in the Wachusett Regional School District have a computerized cashiering system.
Parents may send in a check or cash payment to deposit into their child’s account.
As the student receives a meal each day, the computerized register automatically deducts one lunch payment from their account. The computer will only deduct one meal per day and if a student chooses to purchase anything else, it is done on an a la carte basis. You may send prepayment money into school with your child to hand to the cashier or send payments to the Food Service Office at each school. We are also able to split a check between siblings within the system.
On-Line Payment is now available at all the Wachusett schools. Parents are able to view their student accounts and make payments through the online system. To set up the accounts you will need your child’s 9 digit student ID number.
Call the Food Service Office at 508-829-1670 x 278 for your student ID number and more info. Go to the District web site at www.wrsd.net for the link or www.myschoolbucks.com to set up the accounts.
- High school: There is a two (2) meal IOU ($6.50) procedure in place. Students will be notified at the register to bring in payment the next day. If no payment is received and the two meal IOU limit has been exhausted, the student will not receive a meal.
- Middle and Elementary school IOU Collection Procedure
- There is a two (2) meal IOU ($6.00) procedure in place.
- A parent will be contacted via a phone call or email from the Head Foodservice Associate at each site requesting payment be made.
- If they do not have any luck with the above, the Supervisor of School Nutrition will contact a parent via email or phone if parents do not respond to school level personnel.
- Low Balance/Negative Balance Bulk Email Alerts will be sent 2x per week (Monday & Thursday) to those parents that have an email in the data base.
- A negative balance letter generated from the Nutrikids program will be sent home requesting payment.
- If a negative balance is not paid and/or acknowledged, we will at that time request help from the Principal of the building. Either a School Messenger phone call or individual phone call from the principal may encourage payments.
- All negative balances must be paid before students graduate to the next school or leave our district. Every effort is made to collect fees prior to year end.
Returned Check for Insufficient Funds:
Central Office Foodservice Dept. will notify the site managers at each school if a check has been returned and the amount will be added to the balance as a negative. Any fees will also be added if they occur.
Volunteer CORI Reminder
Please check the expiration date of your CORI. It is printed on the volunteer badge. There are many volunteer badges that are expiring and need to be renewed for the current school year. CORI's need to be renewed every 3 years,
When sending notes to the office...
Please be sure to include your child's first and last name. Parents and children often have different last names and parental signatures can be difficult to read. Including both names, along with the name of your child's teacher, helps to eliminate any confusion.
Please call 978-422-6771 and PRESS 1 if your child will be absent or late. Current absent line is not working.
This is a telephone answering service to record your child's absence. This number is available from 4:15PM on the previous day until 8:30AM on the day of the absence.
Early Dismissal Procedure - Please do not call for early dismissal except in the case of an emergency.
Early dismissal of children can be arranged through the office. Please see that your child brings a note stating
- The reason for dismissal
- The time he or she is to be dismissed
- Who will pick up the child.
No child will be dismissed in the custody of a person other than the parent of the child unless a note has been sent from the parent.
Houghton Handbook Sign-Off
We are off to a great start to our new school year. In order to continue the success for all, we need students to have a full understanding of our school policies. If you and your child have not signed off that you have read and understand the policies outlined in the handbook, please refer to your PowerSchool parent access account and review the necessary documents. If you do not have internet access, please call the office at 978-422-2333 for assistance. Your immediate attention to this request is appreciated.
Click HERE for Child Find Notification
Click HERE for My School Bucks Information
Conflct of Interest Law Regarding Gifts to Employees
Parent Letter, 04/04/11
Honor Your Teacher - Wachusett Education Foundation Trust
Teacher Honor, 11/20/10
(The above documents are in .pdf format. If you cannot view them, please download Adobe Reader.)