Naquag - APRIL 2018 NEWSLETTER
Naquag School Parent Survey
LAST DAY OF SCHOOL (as of 3/14/2018): Friday, June 22.
(June 22 is a half-day. Dismissal will be at 12:30 - will begin slightly prior. PM Kindergarten's last day will be Thursday, June 21.)
- NOTICE: MONDAY, MAY 14 IS A DISTRICT PD DAY. (School will not be in session.)
- NEXT EARLY RELEASE DAY: FRIDAY, MAY 25
Friday, May 25. Dismissal is at 12:30 (will begin slightly prior). Lunch will be served to full day kindergarten students, first grade & second grade students. (Suggested: send in 2 snacks for AM kindergarten students.) AM kindergarten students will be dismissed at 12:30 with the other Naquag students. Afternoon/PM Kindergarten- not in session. (No recess on Early Recess Days)
- RECESS WINTER CLOTHING: When possible - we'll have outside recess. Kind reminders:
- Remember coats, hats, gloves/mittens (snowboots & snowpants if playing in snow).
- If your child wears snow boots - please send in regular shoes to wear during the school day (snow boots are uncomfortable & very hot in the classroom).
- Please label your child's winter clothing with their name.
- DELAYED ARRIVAL: When the Superintendent announces a delayed arrival time (1 or 2 hours due to inclement weather, etc.), AM/ Morning Kindergarten will not be in session. We will also not have recess.
A Note From the Health Office: Many parents are often unsure as to when they should keep their child home from school due to illness. Please click here for a list of guidelines that will provide some assistance. Thank you for your attention to this matter. If we all work together, we can make a healthy and happy environment for everyone!
Click here for information on head lice.
Parent PowerSchool Sign-In
Cafeteria Lunch Pre-Payment
Eureka Math Information
Naquag is a Title I School
Full Day Kindergarten Information
Kindergarten Registration Form
(The April 2018 Naquag Newsletter has been posted.
Please click on the "Naquag Newsletter" above.)
Amendment to Student Handbook - Bullying Prevention and Intervention
Kindergarten Registration Packet
Report Cards / IEP Progress Reports
Report cards are issued three times a year. Teacher / Parent Conferences are held in lieu of the first term report cards (Grades K - 2). Click here to read a letter from Principal Estes with information regarding Q2 report cards.
Term 1: 8/29/2017 - 11/01/2017
- Teacher / Parent Conferences: TBD (Each teacher will have conferences on Thursday, 10/26 afternoon & an additional 1/2 day. Please contact your classroom teacher for additional information.)
- Conferences should be completed by 11/1/2017.
- IEP Progress Reports sent home 11/7/2017.
Term 2: 11/02/2017 - 1/22/2018
- Report Cards accessible in Power School 1/29/18 after 4:30 PM.
- IEP Progress Reports sent home 1/29/2018.
- NOTE: Report card access will be open until March 9, 2018.
Term 3: 1/23/2018 - 4/02/2018
- Report Cards accessible in Power School 4/9/2018 after 4:30 PM.
- IEP Progress Reports sent home 4/9/2018.
- NOTE: Report card access will be open until May 11, 2018.
Term 4: 4/03/2018 - End of School
- Report Cards accessible in Power School last day of school after 4:30 PM.
- IEP Progress reports sent home last day of school.
Naquag Elementary School is a partnership among students, staff, parents, and the community. Together we are dedicated to nurturing literate, competent, responsible students in a safe and secure learning environment. Our focus is to educate the whole child by honoring individual learning styles, setting high expectations, and celebrating in individual growth. Our vision is for every Naquag student to meet with success through this collaboration and dedication.
Please do not call the school for early dismissal except in the case of an emergency.
Early dismissal of children can be arranged through the office. Please send a note to your child's teacher including the following information:
- The reason for dismissal
- The time he or she is to be dismissed
- Who will pick up the child
No child will be dismissed to a person other than the parent of the child unless a note has been sent from the parent. Please come to the office and your child will be called to the office. We wait until parents arrive so that students do not miss more class time than necessary.
The district's bus transportation is now provided by the companies below
A.A. Transportation Co. Inc.
Special Ed Transportation:
Emergency Line: 978-870-6655
Please help support our school through the following programs:
Price Chopper Tools for Schools
- The Naquag School Code is 14257
Help us earn school supplies by registering your Advantage Card today!