For Students Entering Grade 4:
Dear Future Fourth graders and parents,
We have attached everything you need to know about entering grade 4 at Paxton Center School. For summer reading, please read one of the books listed below.
The Indian in the Cupboard by Lynn Reid Banks
Harriet the Spy by Louise Fitzhugh
A Cricket in Times Square by George Selden
Lunch Money by Andrew Clements
There’s a Boy in the Girl’s Bathroom by Louis Sachar
When you are finished, please make a “Pizza Slice Book Report”. You can find the directions on the next page. Your book report is due on the first day of school.
/paxton/documents/Pizza Book report(2).doc
Below is your supply list. Only buy the things on the list as our desks are small and will not hold more than what is listed.
Supply List ~ Grade 4
- Five varied colored two pocket folders
- 1 dozen Ticonderoga #2 pencils
- Crayola colored pencils (12 or 24 pack)
- Eight 1 subject spiral notebooks
- Ultra fine black sharpies (2 or more)
- plastic ruler (metric and customary unit)
- hand held pencil sharpener
- glue sticks 5 each
- 4 Expo markers (not yellow)
- 1 plastic pencil box or zippered pouch
Also, we welcome donations of classroom supplies that are needed throughout the year such as tissues, hand soap, wipes, paper towels and spoons.
Have a safe and happy summer!
The Fourth Grade Team